Opened 8 years ago

Closed 7 years ago

Last modified 6 years ago

#1080 closed defect (fixed)

Screen lock/unlock

Reported by: elhennig Owned by: mrmoku
Priority: critical Milestone:
Component: phonefsod Version: SHR-unstable
Keywords: Cc:

Description

After recent upgrades the screen lock behaves strangely:
If the screen lock is automatically enabled I can only unlock it with the slider not with the aux button. The other way round, if the lock is activated manually by pressing the aux button, unlocking only works with aux not with the slider.

BTW unlocking does not work, means the lock screen immediately reappears on screen.

Change History (20)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by elhennig

Resuming from suspend leads an immediate re-suspoend, the second wake up works then.

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by elhennig

It works after a manual restart of X and/or phonefsod...

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by mrmoku

please try if the updated phonefsod in the feed fixes the unlock issue.

comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by mrmoku

  • Milestone set to MS1
  • Priority changed from major to critical
  • Status changed from new to accepted

comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by elhennig

After the upgrade it seems to work, thank you!

comment:6 Changed 8 years ago by mrmoku

  • Resolution set to fixed in unstable
  • Status changed from accepted to closed

ok, then it's fixed with phonefsod rev c79f5762366870c42a5ed3d9262567125e694606 and the fix is already in SHR-unstable feed :-)

Thanks for the fast feedback.

comment:7 Changed 8 years ago by elhennig

  • Resolution fixed in unstable deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

It was fixed but now the behaviour is back! Can yoou have a look at this again?

comment:8 Changed 8 years ago by elhennig

  • Component changed from phoneuid to phonefsod

I think I found the problem: My config file for phonefsod was different from the one shipped by the appropriate package. After replacing it with the one from the package locking/unlocking and suspend/resume works fine.

comment:9 Changed 8 years ago by Heinervdm

  • Resolution set to fixed in unstable
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

comment:10 follow-up: Changed 8 years ago by elhennig

  • Resolution fixed in unstable deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

I have to reopen this ticket, as the problem is there again after upgrade of last night.

After I restarted phonefsod it work well, but then again I restarted frameworkd and the unlocking did not work any more. Maybe this helps to find the cause for this problem

comment:11 in reply to: ↑ 10 Changed 8 years ago by elhennig

Replying to elhennig:

After I restarted phonefsod it work well,

Restarting phonefsod has the disadvantage, that then fsogsmd close the modem and until a restart of fsogsmd it will not be able to open it again.

comment:12 Changed 8 years ago by elhennig

More information: I think I found the cause:
per default the option idle_screen in /etc/phonefsod.conf is set to

idle_screen=aux,lock,suspend

If I remove the ",suspend" everything works fine. So obviously this function is still not working as it is supposed to do.

I hope this info helps i bit....

comment:13 follow-up: Changed 8 years ago by lizardb0y

Removing "suspend" from idle_screen has not fixed this problem for me:

root@om-gta02 ~ # grep idle_screen /etc/phonefsod.conf
idle_screen = aux,lock

I can still only unlock using the same method used to lock.

I last ran "opkg upgrade" at approx 04/05/10 11:00am UTC.

comment:14 in reply to: ↑ 13 Changed 8 years ago by elhennig

Replying to lizardb0y:

Removing "suspend" from idle_screen has not fixed this problem for me:

Actually, this only solved the problem on my freerunner temporarily. Today the old erroneous behaviour is back :-(

comment:15 follow-up: Changed 8 years ago by vanous

  • Resolution set to fixed in unstable
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

I have never encountered this but have tested a fresh image on uSD and there is definitively no issue there. Please report and reopen if you still experience issues.

comment:16 in reply to: ↑ 15 Changed 8 years ago by MMlosh

  • Resolution fixed in unstable deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

Replying to vanous:

I have never encountered this but have tested a fresh image on uSD and there is definitively no issue there. Please report and reopen if you still experience issues.

This is (and probably always was) a root-in-nand issue.

comment:17 Changed 8 years ago by MMlosh

  • Resolution set to fixed in unstable
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

Sorry, it works in unstable on nand now.
And every other symptoms are gone (battery metter, crash of ELM when enabling wifi, failing resume, displaying count of unread messages..)

comment:18 Changed 7 years ago by jama

  • Resolution fixed in unstable deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

comment:19 Changed 7 years ago by jama

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

comment:20 Changed 6 years ago by morphis

  • Milestone MS1 deleted

Milestone MS1 deleted

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.